Splashed all over the pages of fashion magazines and on the runways of the hottest designers for fall, skinny jeans continue to be the must-have jeans for fall. Best of all, you don’t have to diet and deprive yourself to get into skinny jeans. In fact, they look great on all body types and actually help provide a slimming effect on heavier hips. Skinny jeans make you look long, lean and fierce. Coveted by starlets like Nicky Hilton, Hilary Duff and Mandy Moore, this style is here to stay.
The key to wearing skinny jeans is to look for jeans that have a little bit of stretch denim or LYCRA. These will hug your curves in all the right places and provide a streamlined look. For the perfect skinny jeans, order custom from a company that specializes in women’s denim. Be sure to double and triple check your measurements to ensure you get the best fit possible.
Wondering what type of jeans your favorite celeb is sporting? Check out the latest star-sightings here…
Straight leg jeans continue to be a huge hit, and celebs are adding their own touch of style and flair to create looks that are unique and fashion forward. Straight leg jeans can be rolled and paired with tailored pieces, like stylesetter Demi Moore demonstrates.
Tapered jeans, better known as skinny jeans look great on everyone. Cameron Diaz pulls them off with effortless chic at a recent outing. She elongates her legs with heels for an absolutely fabulous look.
Flared jeans are great at creating a sense of balance for petites and curvy girls. Pink shows off all the right stuff in her hip hugging flares.
Bootcut jeans are universally flattering and will allows be a fashion staple. For summer, it’s about keeping the look paired down and casual, with sneakers or flip flops.
from wikiHow – The How to Manual That You Can Edit
Wondering how to rock the latest and greatest jean trends of the season? Here are some great tips for reinventing items from your current wardrobe and pairing them with the must-have jean styles of the summer.
- 1 Mix and match. It’s all about contrast. If you’re wearing a distressed pair of jeans with a worn-in fade, then pair with a tailored blazer or blouse for a balanced style statement. If you’re wearing loose fitting boyfriend jeans, add a fitted blouse to avoid looking sloppy.
- 2 Try different styles. Think outside of your comfort zone. Just because you’re a pear shape, doesn’t mean you can’t wear skinny jeans. In fact, these curve hugging styles are super flattering and slimming.
- 3 Wear jeans to work. For casual Fridays, tailored jeans are a must. Pair with a great peasant blouse and metallic accessories for a chic summery vibe.
- Customize your jeans. Try an online e-tailer that will custom create jeans that are sure to fit you. Starting at just $79 (http://www.alizina.com), you’ll get a great fitting pair that is sure to become a favorite. Some sites (http://www.ellecid.com) will even copy a pre-existing pair of jeans that you absolutely love.
Article provided by wikiHow, a wiki how-to manual. Please edit this article and find author credits at the original wikiHow article on How to Wear the Hottest Jean Styles of the Season. All content on wikiHow can be shared under a Creative Commons license.
Wondering what the must-have styles of the season are? Well read on for the top trends will justify your purchase of at least one more pair of jeans. After all, can you really ever have too many?
1) Distressed – One of the hot looks of the moment is jeans that are dirty and distressed, worn out, and broken in at the knees. These rock n’ roll inspired jeans are fun to wear, and you can easily wear them with more tailored pieces in your closet. For example, try them with a blazer or ruffled blouse for great edgy contract.
2) Polisted – Glamorous jeans never go out of style. Choose dark washes that use high-quality stretch denim fabrics. Add a pair of great high heels for a girls night out on the town.
3) Boyfriend – Grab a button down shirt, a laid back hat and a pair of ballet flats and pair with boyfriend jeans for a casual cool weekend look.
4) Skinny – If you’ve got curves, skinny (aka tapered) jeans do a great job at providing a universally flattering fit. Pair with a loose fitting blouse and long beaded necklaces for a boho-chic “Do”.
5) Customized – The one size fits all mantra no longer applies, as you can now get jeans that are created especially for your shape and size. Hand pick all the elements of your perfect jeans, from stitching and pocket style to cut and fade.
So don’t be afraid to invest in just one more pair of jeans this summer. You’ll get your wear out of this fashion staple for years to come.
from wikiHow – The How to Manual That You Can Edit
Ever struggled to find the perfect fitting pair of jeans for your body shape and size? Have you tried on muliple pairs of jeans only to discover that you can’t find exactly what you’re looking for? Check out this guide on finding jeans that will flatter your assets and hug your curves in all the right places.
- 1 – Consider your current body shape. Are you curvy or boy shaped? Plus size or petite? Be realistic and know that not every style is going to work on your body. However, with all the different options, you’re sure to find something to highlight your best features.
- 2 – Choose your fit. If you’re genetically blessed with a long and lean frame, then skinny jeans work well on you. But the skinny jean also works well on petites, as they emphasize the legs. Straight leg jeans are easier to wear than skinny jeans, but be careful not to get too loose of a fit, to avoid looking sloppy. If you’re curvy or plus size, then consider flared or boot cut jeans to hug curves in all the right places. Boot cut jeans are universally flattering, as they can create curves for women who don’t have them.
- 3 – Choose your wash. Jeans that are darker tend to be more forgiving in general, and can easily go from day to night. Distressed washes can add interest and create a relaxed vibe, as long as the emphasis in not on the hips or back side.
- 4 – Choose your seams. Twisted seams are fantastic for elongating the legs and creating the illusion of added height.
- 5 – Choose your details. Custom jeans providers such as Ellecid.com and Alizina.com let you choose pocket options, thread colors and stitching options that will make your jeans original and provide the best option for your body. Be aware that pockets with buttons will add focus on your back side, while candy colored stitching can be a fun focal point.
- Try online retailers that provide custom jean options. You won’t feel pressured by salespeople, and you’ll have all the time you need to create jeans that will look fabulous on you.
Article provided by wikiHow, a wiki how-to manual. Please edit this article and find author credits at the original wikiHow article on How to Find Jeans to Fit Your Body Type. All content on wikiHow can be shared under a Creative Commons license.
If you’re looking for the perfect fitting pair of jeans, then here’s a few tips that will help ensure you find the perfect denim staple for your wardrobe:
- High-quality fabric – Look for premium denim in ring-spun cotton. A little bit of stretch can go a long way in terms of fitting your form in all the right places
- Great tailoring – If you’re going to invest in a designer pair of jeans, then make sure the fit is ideal. Consider made-to-order jeans that are custom created for your measurements.
- Eye cataching details – Pay attention to the small touches that allow you to show your individual style. Jeans can go glam with intricate back pocket designs or colored stitching.
- Pockets that flatter – Be sure not to add bulk in areas where you already have ample curves. Front and back pockets should compliment and streamline your look.
- Styles that elongate – Look for ways to lengthen your leg line, such as twisted seams on skinny jeans.
Skinny or tapered leg jeans have made a come back in a big way. From cigarette jeans of the 50s to emo rocker to high-fashion premium denim, the skinny jean has run the style gamut. The big misconception with this style of jean is that you actually have to be slim to wear this cut. Not only is that statement entirely untrue, in fact, skinny jeans look great on many body types. It’s just how you wear them that can make or break the overall look.
From Angelina Jolie and Kate Moss to Jennifer Hudson, it’s obvious that fanatics of the skinny jeans don’t simple fall into one category of body type and shape. This curve hugging denim is great for casual everyday looks, simply paired with a flat sandal or wedge. But skinny jeans can easily make the transition from day to night, pairing well with a killer pair of colored or metallic heels. If you happen to be curvy, try dark wash skinny jeans with a tunic or a lightweight unstructured sweater. The key here is to be comfortable, yet chic.
For more tips on skinny jeans, visit our Jeans 101 guide.